- Spicy Pork Chop with Lemon Grass
- 2/3 lb. pork chop (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 Tbsp. deep-fried shallot
- 1 stalk scallion (thinly chopped)
- 1/2 stalk lemon grass (minced)
- 2 tsp. beer (optional)
- 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. garlic (minced)
- Marinate pork chops for half an hour.
- Heat 1/2 Tbsp. oil and add chopped scallions. Remove from heat.
- Skin, wash, dry, and slice shallot. Mix with a little salt. Drain off excess water on
towel. Deep fry shallots in warm oil over low heat until golden and crisp. (Watch shallots
closely because they burn easily.)
- Deep fry pork chops in hot oil until completely cooked. Remove and drain.
- Place on dish and sprinkle with shallot and pour on scallion oil.
*Serve suggestion: Serve with a slice of lemon and cucumber.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 package of chili seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- In Dutch oven, brown ground beef and drain.
- Stir in chili seasoning mix, water, tomatoes, beans and Sriracha
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
*Serving suggestion: Garnish with chopped red pepper and scallions, if